INTERMIN PROJECT MEETING IN GUAYAQUIL. 21-25 OCT 2019
From 21st to 25th of october (2019) the INTERMIN project meeting was held in Guayaquil (Ecuador):
INTERMIN INTERNATIONAL MEETING: THE SKILLS NEEDED IN THE MINING SECTOR IN THE XXI CENTURY
International Network of Raw Materials Trainings Centres (INTERMIN)
INTERMIN is an international network formed by training centers, educational and research institutions of the European Union, and their counterparts in other countries.
The objective of the network is to improve the development of the skills and knowledge needed by the raw materials sector (exploration, extraction, processing and recycling), identifying the knowledge gaps and the training required by the companies.
The conferences agenda was as follows:
- 8:00 a 8:30 – Registration
- 8:30 a 9:00 – WELCOME
- 9:00 a 9:20 – Conference of the Mines Vice-Minister
- 9:20 a 9:40 – Conference 1. – Manuel Regueiro: INTERMIN, A global network of mining resources training centers.
- 9:40 a 10:00 – Conference 2. – Vitor Correia: European policy on raw materials and its impact on education.
- 10:00 a 10:20 – LundinGold Conference. – Iliana Rodriguez: Education and training programme in Lundin Gold, Fruta del Norte Project.
- 10:20 a 11:40 – BREAK
- 10:40 a 11:00 – Conference 3. – Philipp Hartlieb: An overview of the current situation in raw materials education worldwide.
- 11:00 a 11:20 – Conference 4. – Damaris Fernandez: Education and skills from the academic perspective aligned to innovation and raw materials.
- 11:20 a 11:40 – Curimining Conferene. – José Gomez: Curipamba Project and the enviromental, social, and management.
- 11:40 a 12:00 – Conference 5.- Damaris Fernandez: Educación y competencias desde la perspectiva académica, orientadas hacia la innovación y las materias primas
- 12:00 a 12:20 – Conference 6.- Slavko Solar: INTERMIN communication and dissemination activities.
- 12:20 a 12:40 – AIME Conference. – René Ayala: Management of change in the Ecuadorian mining sector.
- 12:40 a 14:20 – LUNCH
- 14:20 a 14:40 – Conference 7.- Slavko Solar: EuroGeoSurveys supporting a more sustainable Europe: the provider of EU mineral resources data.
- 14:40 a 15:00 – Conference 8.- Gracia Olivenza: Association Of Iberoamerican Geological And Mining Surveys. A network towards the socio-economic development of society.
- 15:00 a 15:20 – Small Mining Chamber Conference. – Oscar Loor: The role of the Mining Chambers, the integral development with the mining companies and the government.
- 15:20 a 15:40 – Conference 9.- Jose Luis Parra y Alfaro: Mining Engineering Education in Spain. Development of an international mining education network.
- 15:40 a 16:00 – ESPOL Conference.- Rocío Estupiñán: Mining in Ecuador
- 16:00 a 16:20 – QUESTIONS AND PAUSE
- 16:20 a 17:00 – Roundtable debate: What is offering Academia and training centres and what skills is demanding the sector
- 17:00 a 17:10 – Closing remarks
Besides, INTERMIN members visited the mining areas Santa Elena and El Tablazo, as an example of artisanal mining or small scale mining, the oil exploitation of Ancón and the gold mine Mina Jerusalén in Ponce Enríquez.
During the event, ASGMI made a presentation of the Association, its members, mission and vision, work groups, current projects and collaboration agreements with other institutions.