STRUCTURE OF ASGMI
The Association of Geological and Mining Surveys of Iberoamerica, ASGMI, has the following structure in order to its direction, management and administrative issues:
ARTISANAL AND SMALL SCALE MINING
METALLOGENY AND MINERAL RESOURCES
GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SYSTEM
REGIONAL GEOLOGY AND GEOLOGICAL MAPPING
This is the Supreme Body of the Asociation and is composed of all the Associate Members. The General Assembly can meet in ordinary and extraordinary meetings.
The General Assembly has the following duties:
- To approve the management of the Management Board
- To approve the financial statements
- To choose the members of the Board of Directors
- To fix the quotas of affiliation, ordinary and extraordinary,
- To approve the amendments to the Statutes
- Dissolution of the Association
- The disposition or disposal of assets of the Association
- Other duties conferred to anhother management body.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors is the management body of ASGMI.
Their power is applied to all activities that are part of the Association, in case that these activities do not need, according to Articles of the Association, the explicit approval of the General Assembly. The Directors are non-paid positions of 3 years.
Current Board of Directors:
- Dr. Oscar Paredes Zapata – President
- Dr. Enrique Castellanos Abella – Vicepresident
- Dr. Vicente Gabaldón López – General Secretary
- Abog. Agapito A. Rodríguez Escobar – Vocal
- Dr. José L. Silva Andriotti – Vocal